Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Rachel...

What is it about the baby of the family that makes everyday milestones even more emotional? Everyday I look at my little girl and I can see everything that is babyish about her slipping away. With Rachel being my last child I wanted to hold on to every feeding, giggle, first steps, but then I blinked and off to school she went. Yesterday we were sitting on the couch and it was as if I witnessed a miracle...she was reading to me! It's not like this is my first rodeo. I already have two very intelligent kids in school and have gone through this, but this time it was different. I was even compelled to call Robert and tell him, "Our baby is reading!". Today for both Veteran's Day programs she got to be the Masters of Ceremonies. I had no idea she was going to get to do this, and I must say I have never been as proud as I was today. Yes, that was me clapping for her after everybody else was done, and I didn't care! Robert and I are so blessed to have three beautiful, healthy, unique children...I just hope we can keep up with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment