Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Random Read...



I just finished with this read and loved it. It was very different from what I am used to lately, in other words a giant leap away from vampires and a break from east coast romance (aka Nicholas Sparks). Water for Elephants is a coming of age novel about circus life during the Great Depression and all the gritty drama that came along with it. Sara Gruen offers the reader plenty of variety such as adventure, romance, murder, and a larger than life comedian who sometimes gets the raw end of the deal. You will fall in love with the lead character Jacob Jankowski as well as watch him come into his own. I was told before reading this book that I would not be happy with the ending. In my opinion it was perfect. So since we have a few more cold and dreary days ahead of us you should definitely give this book a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment