Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Royals go camping...Texas Hill Country style

Well at least it was camping to me even though there was electricity and running water! I have been meaning to blog about this but things kept coming up. Last week we took the kids to my family's little cabin in Junction TX. Needless to say, they had a blast. It was my first time going back there in ten years or so. I forgot how beautiful and peaceful it was there. The kids enjoyed riding the ATVs and playing in the "backyard". I enjoyed relaxing and Robert enjoyed the battle he had with the fire in the fire stove. Even though there is electricity there is no central air and heat (oh well you can't have it all). The funniest thing was the kids or should I say Hannah's fascination with the electric blanket. I never thought about the impact it would have on her when I said they would be sleeping under an electric blanket. She was so excited about going to bed that night. Since we underestimated the longevity of the fire logs we ran out by morning(guess we'll know better next time) and the next morning was a low of 20 degrees, so we packed up and headed out. On the way out we spotted a beautiful doe crossing the road, but Hannah and I got a bonus...we saw a huge buck in the clearing. He was so beautiful standing there in the frozen fog with the sun shining on him, it gave him this heavenly glow. Even though the trip was short lived we made some good memories, and can't wait to make even more next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment